Welcome to Gaffney Eye Clinic in Plant City, Florida
Important COVID-19 Update - May 1, 2020
Effective Monday, May 4, our office will reopen to serve your eye care needs. The safety of our patients and staff is our top priority.
We have taken the following critical steps to provide a safe environment for your care:
- We have reduced our daily patient appointments at our clinic to ensure distancing in all common areas.
- All of our employees are wearing face masks or face coverings and maintaining social distance.
- All of our employees are having temperature checks daily.
- We are requiring all patients to wear face masks or face coverings at all times. Please bring a mask with you to your appointment.
- We will call all patients the day before their appointment to ask screening questions.
- We are screening and checking the temperature of all patients upon arrival.
- We have a registration process where you can complete the majority of your patient paperwork online before you arrive at the clinic.
- To ensure social distancing, we are limiting visitors and monitoring common areas.
- Our clinic is disinfected thoroughly on a daily basis and common areas are disinfected throughout the day.
- We have developed an extensive room cleaning protocol that is carried out by our technicians before each patient enters. This protocol includes cleaning all instruments used for patient examination and all surfaces in the room.
- We remind patients to follow the CDC guidelines and encourage patients to reschedule if they have experienced flu-like symptoms.
Thank you for your support during this time. We are honored to serve you and look forward to seeing you soon!
Where Your Vision Is Our Mission!
Located at 2002 South Alexander Street, Plant City, Florida
Take a moment, visit our site and see the services we have available for you:
- Google Maps and Directions
- Request an Appointment Online
- Provide Feedback About Your Visit
- Email a Doctor or Staff Member
Please print out the patient forms from the patient forms tab and bring them to your next appointment.
Ask Barry M. Gaffney OD P.A. a Question...
A large part of the examination is finding out what the patient is experiencing and determining the type of dry eye causing the symptoms. We examine the surface of the eye under a microscope to look at the quantity and the quality of the tear film. Additionally, we examine the eyelids and the glands inside the eyelids to insure they are healthy. More about Dry Eyes...
There are a wide range of treatments ranging from over the counter products to specialty laser procedures. Many times using artificial tears and vitamin supplements can help boost the tear film. There are prescription eye drops that can aid in tear production as well as laser procedures for patients with more advanced dry eye. More about Dry Eyes...
Of course – stay hydrated and making sure you consume enough water each day. Additionally, take breaks from your computer and smart phone. I recommend the 20/20/20 Rule – take a 20 second break every 20 minutes and look 20 feet away and blink your eyes. Finally, wearing sunglasses is critical to protecting the surface of the eye and the eyelids from UV exposure. More about Dry Eyes...
If you experience loss of vision, double vision, swelling, infection or any eye emergency, contact us immediately for guidance. We’ll help you with the best treatment to prevent complications and promote long-lasting clear eyesight.
Please call our office at: 813-754-3593 for further instructions. Use your best judgment on urgency, if you feel the need to find the nearest emergency room.