Effective Monday, May 4, our office will reopen to serve your eye care needs. The safety of our patients and staff is our top priority.
We have taken the following critical steps to provide a safe environment for your care:
- We have reduced our daily patient appointments at our clinic to ensure distancing in all common areas.
- All of our employees are wearing face masks or face coverings and maintaining social distance.
- All of our employees are having temperature checks daily.
- We are requiring all patients to wear face masks or face coverings at all times. Please bring a mask with you to your appointment.
- We will call all patients the day before their appointment to ask screening questions.
- We are screening and checking the temperature of all patients upon arrival.
- We have a registration process where you can complete the majority of your patient paperwork online before you arrive at the clinic.
- To ensure social distancing, we are limiting visitors and monitoring common areas.
- Our clinic is disinfected thoroughly on a daily basis and common areas are disinfected throughout the day.
- We have developed an extensive room cleaning protocol that is carried out by our technicians before each patient enters. This protocol includes cleaning all instruments used for patient examination and all surfaces in the room.
- We remind patients to follow the CDC guidelines and encourage patients to reschedule if they have experienced flu-like symptoms.
Thank you for your support during this time. We are honored to serve you and look forward to seeing you soon!
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) PATIENT UPDATE
As of April 3, 2020 –
In compliance with the CDC guidelines, we will be open for emergency eye visits only during the week of April 6th – 10th. Our hours during this time will be from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Please call our office at 813-754-3593 if you have an eye emergency. Thank you!
Previous Update – March 20, 2020:
At Gaffney Eye Clinic, we are committed to the safety of our patients and staff. In light of Coronavirus cases in the Tampa Bay area, we are taking additional precautions:
- All new and established patients are being pre-screened by our scheduling and front desk staff.
- We request that any patient with a fever, respiratory symptoms such as severe cough or shortness of breath, or that has recently visited areas with known outbreaks to please reschedule your appointment for a later date. This does not include emergency patients.
- We have increased our cleaning protocols to mitigate risks within the practice and have added additional sanitation stations throughout our practice.
- Patients will be screened when they arrive at the practice for symptoms or risk factors.
- All visitors other than patient caregivers will be asked to wait outside the facility or in their cars.
We are committed to maintain the safety of our patients and staff while continuing to deliver exceptional care. To learn more about COVID-19 please visit cdc.gov.
Please contact our office at 813-754-3593 with any questions or to reschedule your appointment.
The Gaffney Eye Clinic